Reframing the Debate: Productivity Insights Network Conference 2020
Raising productivity remains a central economic challenge in the UK. The second Productivity Insights Network (PIN) conference will bring together some of the greatest minds in research, policy and business to discuss the next steps we can take to address the productivity puzzle in the UK. Join us for an engaging day of talks and panel discussions. Registration opens soon.
- Andrew G Haldane, Chief Economist at the Bank of England. Andrew G Haldane is a member of the Bank’s Monetary Policy Committee and Chair of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Council. Among other positions, he is Honorary Professor at University of Nottingham, a Visiting Fellow at Nuffield College, Oxford, a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences. He has authored around 200 articles and 4 books. Andrew is the founder and trustee of ‘Pro Bono Economics’, a charity which brokers economists into charitable projects, a trustee of National Numeracy and Patron of the charities Reach and Speakers for Schools.
- Dr. Robert D. Atkinson, President of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF). Dr. Robert D. Atkinson is one of the USA’s foremost thinkers on innovation economics. He has conducted ground-breaking research on technology and innovation and authored three books, including Big is Beautiful: Debunking the Mythology of Small Business (MIT Press, 2018). Atkinson is a sought-after speaker and valued adviser to state, national, and international policymakers on topics ranging from tax policy to advanced manufacturing, productivity, and global competitiveness. As founder and president of the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF), recognised as the world’s top think tank for science and technology policy, Atkinson leads a prolific team of policy analysts and fellows that is successfully shaping the debate and setting the agenda on a host of critical issues at the intersection of technological innovation and public policy.
Special Guests & Panel Discussants include:
- Jim O’Neill – Lord O’Neill is Chair of the Productivity Insights Network’s International Advisory Board
- Tera Allas CBE – Director of Research and Economics in McKinsey’s UK and Ireland Office, Former Deputy Head of the UK Government Economic Service
- Bob Kerslake – Lord Kerslake is Chair of the UK2070 Commission and former Head of the UK Civil Service
- Ben Jones – CBI Principal Economist.
- Bridget Rosewell CBE – Commissioner for the National Infrastructure Commission, Former Chief Economic Adviser to the Greater London Authority
The conference will take place at the University of Sheffield’s historic Firth Hall building (Firth Court, Western Bank, S10 2TN). Registration and refreshments from 9.00am. Talks begin at 9.30am and finish by 4.30pm. A Drinks Reception will directly follow the event (please indicate your attendance during the registration process).
For queries, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.